Monday, January 19, 2009

Finishing . . .

I am so glad to have this opportunity to write to those interested in my book. A few of you have asked what it takes to finally finish writing. Well, it takes a start. Second to that, a firm goal is really what makes a difference. My wife gave me the gift of self-publishing for my birthday in 08. Once the money was outlaid, I really felt deadlines and I overcame that twenty minutes of "getting started" fiddling everytime I was getting started on a rewrite or an edit. This turned into a serious venture because it was now beyond a hobby or a life goal--it was real. So I say to you my friends who have asked: if you are serious about writing and finishing writing, seeing your project for sale--invest. Invest your money. It is a great motivator.


Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment